Thursday 8 December 2011

Changing Times...

Hi team,
Tonight is the eve of Mandy and I moving house which just seems to be a good time for an update; this and a couple other big upcoming changes in my life out here I want to tell you all about...

First, yes, Mandy and I have finally found a place to call our own and tomorrow I spend the day moving in and decorating! It's bitter-sweet because leaving Ange will not be easy-it means not having dance parties on the drive to work because Andy, our new landlord who will now be taking us to work, is not much of a top40's dance party kind of guy...Don't think he'll be into trashy TV and chinese food nights either so that will be different...
But, on the plus side, I am REALLY looking forward to having a normal sized room-goodbye closet! and a place to call my own:)

Another HUGE change is that, as of Jan2012, I will only be teaching PE at Tollbar! Once again, bitter-sweet news because I have really enjoyed teaching and getting to many of my students and feel like I have grown so much as a languages teacher. But, on the other hand, I am really happy that I will no longer have to be in-between two departments and will be able to really get to know one group of people-PE people are really awesome too which helps:) I just feel so much more at ease with this department, they are more laid back and so helpful giving me all the support and guidance I need which is great!

Another exciting upcoming event is that of MARG AND ROSS coming to visit!!! It will be very nice to have a little piece of Canada come here for an English Christmas:)
(the rest of you, feel free to come see me ANYTIME!)

The French trip (another pro of having been in French first term) was really awesome too. I had so much fun being with the kids outside of school and just getting to know them better. One of my worst students was on the trip and said to me "hey miss, I actually really LIKE you on this trip!" to which I replied: "ya, I actually like you TOO!" I have had no problems with him since getting back to school which has been great. But yes, seeing the North of France by bus and going to cheese and chocolate shops, a bakery and Europe's biggest aquarium for free was pretty sweet! This trip definitely made me start to think twice about teaching because I just found myself so much happier spending this sort of time with the kids rather than having to keep them SILENT in a classroom working...Made me wonder if I wasn't destined to be a camp counselor my whole life? yes, parents, I know: there's no pension in that career..but seriously, I just feel sometimes that disciplining and being super strict with kids drains me of my joy and passion for teaching and makes me feel tried and discouraged. Guess I am still trying to figure out my own style of discipline while trying to fit into the requirements of this school...
Teaching PE is different though because it's less SILENT and more management and SAFETY precautions which I just seem to be able to handle more naturally. I'm sure there will be plenty of new challenges to be faced in the New Year taching full-time PE but one thing is for sure: I get to wear track pants everyday!!!YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
Well, I should get my rest-gotta have max. muscle strength for moving tomorrow but will post pictures of the new pad when it's looking good and will be sure to post pictures of the rents visit/Christmas all happening in a week!

Hope you're all enjoying lame Christmas tunes all over the radio/malls and the all-out crazy Christmas decorations/lights you have back home (they are SO TAME in England..)

Cheers!

-Nat x

No comments:

Post a Comment